The J. E. and Z. B. Butler Child Advocacy Center, a program of the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore is currently reviewing applications for a full-time Executive Director. The position affords an exciting opportunity for a creative individual to expand his or her horizon to build a world class multidisciplinary child abuse evaluation and treatment program in the Bronx. The appropriate candidate will have broad experience that encompasses research development, high level agency and personnel management, and integration of program operations with outside partner agencies.The Butler Child Advocacy Center is a Tier I certified hospital based child abuse evaluation and treatment program that provides forensic interviews, medical assessment and mental health treatment to children and families when child abuse is suspected.
Candidates with an MD degree and academic pediatrics experience are preferred but others with appropriate expertise and experience will be considered. The CAC is seeking an individual with an understanding of the field of child abuse and neglect who is dedicated to leading the program in a new direction. Charismatic interpersonal and leadership skills and a track record in program development, research and fundraising are critically important to the position.
Montefiore Medical Center’s advancement in the healthcare industry is also yours. Take your career to the next level by joining our trek to become the world’s leading healthcare system. For consideration please send resume email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Commitment to the mission of the Child Advocacy Center, to provide high quality services to abused and neglected children of the Bronx and surrounding communities
- Commitment to develop and expand the resources of the Butler Child Advocacy Center (CAC)
- Successful prior leadership of a clinical program or organization
- Interest and ability to advocate for abused and neglected children and their families
- Management experience involving financial oversight and reporting, budget development, and compliance with grant and contract requirements
- Experience in the leadership and supervision of clinical and support staff
- Experience in developing and leading an Advisory Board
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals
- Successful experience with grant writing, donor and corporate fundraising
- Personal qualities including dedication to high moral and ethical standards, a strong work ethic, a sense of humor, fairness, toughness and decisiveness
- The interest and ability to lead a child abuse program within a hospital setting
- Willingness to make a long term commitment to the Butler CAC
Montefiore Medical Center, The University Hospital and Academic Medical Center for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is an...