Job Title: Executive Secretary (7408)
Department: Teaching and Learning/ELA
Work Year: 240 days
Starting Hourly Rate: $19.67 - $23.61 Depending on Experience
Application Due Date: Open Until Filled
Position Start Date: ASAP
Provide routine administrative assistant and/or secretarial support to executives, senior managers and staff of the designated unit. Reviews administrative activities, makes recommendations, and acts to achieve efficiencies.
Education and Experience:
- Perform a variety of routine administrative support duties including word processing, filing, recordkeeping and data management, scheduling/coordinating of staff and activities, take transcription and other related duties including operating a variety of office machines, e.g. copiers, stamp machines, labelers, etc.
- Provide senior management with lower level administrative support for controversial and confidential projects.
- Perform activities on designated budgets, general ledger accounts and related departmental finances, as directed.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all contacts, internal and external, including bargaining associations, community groups, and vendors.
- Ensure the regular maintenance or repair of general office equipment, and orders supplies, materials and equipment, as needed.
- Process monthly payroll and department VISA card in a timely manner, if requested.
- Develop and maintain a general awareness of current and proposed activities on the unit.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of activities which may have a positive or negative impact on the organization.
- Conduct routine analysis and report preparation using spreadsheets and databases; research and analyze data/information, and report findings.
- Maintain both the integrity and confidentiality of all information handled as part of regular duties. Take initiative to insure that all data is kept confidential.
- Monitor all office communication methods for effectiveness and recommend changes as necessary.
- Communicate official departmental/employer policies, procedures and practices to designated individuals or groups, as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Other Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of secretarial or administrative assistant experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience providing senior level management with secretarial support individually or as a member of a clerical/secretarial pool. Transcription skills may be required.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Possess effective communication skills including writing, reading and oral presentation skills.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
Due to the high volume of applicants, you will only be contacted if an interview is requested.
- Knowledge of the operations of standard office equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of computer software applications, including word processing, databases and spreadsheets using DPS software systems.
- Strong attention to details and ability to present difficult or complex concepts in a clear, forward manner.
- Ability to interact confidently and comfortably with all levels of staff, students or the public.
- Ability to be creative and flexible; to juggle multiple priorities.
- Self starter with a positive attitude.
Denver Public Schools - 18 months ago
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is...