General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity as an Accounting Specialist III in our Labor Accounting group.
With general direction, this position is responsible for performing a variety of general accounting support tasks in the labor accounting department. Enters timecard and employee data into computer systems using defined computer programs, compiles data, analyzes data and prepares a variety of reports.
Essential duties include:
- Maintains files, including filing of timecards and correction documentation, and other miscellaneous filings
- Generates a variety of documents, reports, and records for review by Accountants, Auditors, and Managers
- Reviews and inputs employee time cards and pay adjustments into the accounting system
- Audits employee timecards for accuracy, compliance with policy, procedure, all applicable labor laws and required approvals
- Maintain employee status changes for shift rates, functional category and deployment status
- Process final timecards and CAL payouts for terminated employees
- Reconcile timekeeping data prior to transmission of pay file to corporate headquarters
- Manage workflow to ensure all timecard transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Frequently interacts with individuals representing outside organizations and/or individuals of significant importance within the company
- Must have ability to work extended hours as required, including additional hours on Mondays to meet time card processing deadlines.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving (or properly referring) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies; keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel at all levels; maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for training and process improvements to increase efficiencies and reduce errors and rework
General Atomics - 18 months ago
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...