General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Machinist in our Research and Development facility in Adelanto, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for performing complex functions related to machine tools. Plans, lays out work, sets up and operates all types of lathes, mills or grinders to machine or grind developmental, production or maintenance parts to exacting tolerances and dimensions. Expected to provide guidance or training to equal or lower level machinists.
- Plans sequence of machine operation as required using drawings, sketches or other written or verbal instructions.
- Reviews engineering drawings, sketches, graphic illustrations or verbal/written correspondence to compute angular and linear dimensions. Determines cutting tools to be used, method of holding, and machine speeds and feeds.
- May monitor and verify quality of work performed by equal or lower level personnel, such as first part inspection.
- Sets up tooling and production stock to be machined using a wide variety of both conventional and CNC machining equipment to perform machining of complex parts by drilling, reaming, boring, tapping, slotting, and dovetailing on ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their alloys.
- Designs, fabricates, and/or improvises tooling, and tooling aids to assist in machine setups utilizing various shop equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance and makes machine adjustments as required using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- May provide guidance or training to equal or lower level machinist.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- 19 months ago - save job
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...