General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Machinist in our Research and Development facility in Adelanto, California.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general supervision with general instruction, this position is responsible for performing moderately complex functions related to machine tools. Plans, lays out work, sets up and operates all types of lathes, mills or grinders to machine or grind developmental, production or maintenance parts to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
Other duties as assigned or required.
- Reviews engineering drawings from sketches, graphic illustrations or verbal/written correspondence to plan sequence of operations. Computes angular and linear dimensions. Determines cutting or grinding tools to be used, method of holding, and machine speeds and feeds.
- Improvises and adapts standard tooling. Performs typical operations such as turning, facing, boring, chamfering, turning tapers, drilling, grooving, reaming; machine compound angles, multiple angels, radii, splines, serrations and keyways.
- Performs all types of helical and spiral milling, drilling, reaming, boring, tapping, slotting, and dovetailing on ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their alloys.
- Operates and/or performs machine set up for any horizontal or vertical lathe, milling machine, or grinding machine. May operate computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines.
- Lifts, cuts, loads and secures raw stock into machining equipment for job requirement.
- Grinds own cutting tools, drills and bits.
- May perform preventive maintenance on machines.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- 2 years ago - save job
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...