Experience in working with the Aeromedical Services Information Management System (ASIMS)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, health services, business or management.
- Five (5) years recent work experience as a technical writer producing technical articles, reports, brochures or manuals.
- Demonstrated proficiency using 2010 MS Office Suite and other office automation SW recognizing potential enhancements or limitations of new software in your area of expertise/tasking.
- Be able to prepare, develop, and present a wide variety of documents including letters, presentations, spreadsheets, forms, and metrics in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience on projects requiring a wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Previous experience preparing presentations and communicating (written and oral) with a wide range of users to complete required tasks. English proficiency required.
- Ability to obtain a NACI prior to start (security clearance) Desired skills Experience working within the DoD; Air Force Medical Services experience is a plus.
Comprehensive knowledge and experience with Government regulations, policies, procedures and limitations within the scope of responsibility Specific Job Description The Lockheed Martin Health Services business area is seeking a Technical Writer with experience to support a Healthcare Consultant Advisory & Assistance Services (A&AS) Program for the Air Force Medical Service (AFMS). The mission of the AFMS is to develop plans, programs and procedures to support worldwide medical service missions as well as identify shortfalls within current program plans and budget in order to field new technology and services. We are seeking a Technical Writer to provide documentation support to the Aeromedical Services Information Managements Systems (ASIMS)team.
Typical duties of the Technical Writer include:
This position will be based San Antonio, TX. Some travel may be required on an as needed basis.
- Design, create, and maintain technical documentation for the Aeromedical Services Information Management System (ASIMS) program.
- Coordinate between the implementation personnel for preparation, review, revision, certification and controlling of technical publications including: Software/System development documentation, System architecture drawings, Engineering drawings, and Computer aided design, user guides, training materials, and briefings
- Ensure clarity and accuracy of system documentation in a logical and user friendly manner.
- Write a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Coordinate the display of graphics and production of published documents.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
This position requires the Ability to pass a national agency check Standard Job Description Writes, in clear and concise language, such technical documents as procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications concerned with installation, operation, and maintenance of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other equipment. Includes writing such technical documentation as operational specifications, bulletins, articles, and marketing publications. Acquires or verifies knowledge of subject by interviewing workers engaged in developing new products and services or in making improvements, observing performance of experiments and methods of production, referring to blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings and notes, trade and engineering journals, rewrites of articles, bulletins, manuals, or similar publications. Security Clearance None Typical Minimums Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner. LMCareers Business Unit ESS0998 GLOBAL TRNG LOGISTICS (S8200) Business Area Electronic Systems Program Consultant and Advisory Services / CATS - Aeromedical TO Department 6375024:RTS MED_OS Job Class Management Job Category Experienced Professional City San Antonio State Texas Virtual No Relocation Available Negotiable Work Schedule STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day Req Type Blue Sky Direct/Indirect Direct Shift First
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...