The Regional Director is responsible for the financial performance of all of the labs in the EMLab P&K East region. The Director is expected to be involved in setting the annual budget and making sound recommendations on personnel and instrumentation. The Director supervises both Lab Managers and Regional Managers within the region, as well as staff in the main laboratory, by providing guidance, direction and evaluation of performance. In addition, the Director is responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and procedures. The Regional Director is also expected to make recommendations to expand or reduce facilities within the region.|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in meetings as a member of the TestAmerica East region.
- Manages operations within the EMLab P&K region to provide positive operating margin for the company and meeting or exceeding annual budgetary goals.
- Assists in maintaining positive customer relationships to encourage revenue growth in region.
- Ensures that staff conform to quality, safety and ethics policies.
- Provides periodic reports to GM regarding performance against goals, corrective actions as necessary and opportunities to increase revenue and profit. Reports will include status of tasks, review of dashboards, priorities and action items.
- Interfaces with Customer Service Managers and Lab Directors to forecast revenue and meet TAT goals.
- Participates in sales and marketing meetings to support and encourage growth.
- Communicates and supports regional goals and initiatives to employees.
- Provides an atmosphere to support teamwork, communication and overall company performance.
- Fulfills supervisory responsibilities with direct reports to achieve strong staff performance.
- Supports the Human Resources function to ensure that all policies and programs are applied consistently throughout the region.
- Actively participates in the process of sharing and adopting best practices and implementing lean technologies to maximize regional performance.
- Recommends and reviews all capital purchases to support Company strategy and initiatives
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to thrive in a self directed environment, to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to remain objective and consistent in applying best practices, lean technology and QA standards
- Desire to develop productive relationships with clients, lab personnel, and peers
- Understanding of basic financial principals, business concepts and ability to provide valuable input to Management Team
- Flexibility to travel as needed for business purposes
- Strong ethics with desire to enforce company procedures and policies and report any discrepancies
- Has basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- BS/BA in Biological or Analytical sciences. MS or higher preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in testing laboratories.
- Preference for Six Sigma/Lean certification and/or experience
- 3+ years supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in IAQ industry preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong planning skills
- Self motivation/Self Direction
- Ability to work in a production and corporate environment
EMLab P&K, LLC (a division of TestAmerica) is recognized as one of the leading commercial indoor air quality laboratories in North America specializing in the analysis of air and surface samples for asbestos, bacteria, legionella, and fungi. Our goal is to provide the highest quality analysis and service in the industry. We have 14 locations across the country; and nearly all are accredited by programs that include AIHA EMLAP, NVLAP, and additional state certifications and licenses.
EMLab P&K, LLC ( a division of TestAmerica, Inc.) provides a comfortable work environment and a comprehensive, highly competitive compensation and benefits package including vacation time, sick time, holidays, medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). If you would like to know more about us, please visit our website at www.emlabpk.com and www.testamericainc.com
science, fungus, mycology, laboratory, biology