Leads and Performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations, including 2D echo, doppler, stress, dobutamine, and other echocardiographic tests.
• Obtains pertinent clinical information from patient, medical chart, and/or physician using accepted standard techniques.
• Communicates purpose and procedures related to the ultrasound test to the patient and comforts/reassures patient about the examination.
• Performs 2D echo,, Doppler, stress, and other echocardiographic examinations to provide anatomic and physiologic data for physician's review.
• Notifies physician of patient distress and/or severe abnormal readings.
• Provides assistance and training in the Echocardiograph Laboratory and maintains appropriate training documentation materials.
• Participates in the development of effective Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) activities to improve quality of care.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
: Pediatric Echo Tech with adult experience - Will primarily work with Pediatrics
Travel required as needed to Largo and Gaithersburg to cover service line need
• 1 year of experience in ultrasound procedures/equipment, CW Doppler, and related anatomy/pathological conditions of and related to the heart required.
• Associate's degree in the medical/technical field or equivalent experience required.
• Registration/Certification by the ARDMS- Registered Diagnositc Cardiac Sonographer or one of the following reg/cert from Cardiovascular Credentialing International(CCI) - Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) or Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) and CPR Certification required.
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health....