Leads and Performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations, including 2D echo, doppler, stress, dobutamine, and other echocardiographic tests.
• Obtains pertinent clinical information from patient, medical chart, and/or physician using accepted standard techniques.
• Communicates purpose and procedures related to the ultrasound test to the patient and comforts/reassures patient about the examination.
• Performs 2D echo,, Doppler, stress, and other echocardiographic examinations to provide anatomic and physiologic data for physician's review.
• Notifies physician of patient distress and/or severe abnormal readings.
• Provides assistance and training in the Echocardiograph Laboratory and maintains appropriate training documentation materials.
• Participates in the development of effective Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) activities to improve quality of care.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
: Pediatric Echo Tech with adult experience - Will primarily work with Pediatrics
Travel required as needed to Largo and Gaithersburg to cover service line need
• 1 year of experience in ultrasound procedures/equipment, CW Doppler, and related anatomy/pathological conditions of and related to the heart required.
• Associate's degree in the medical/technical field or equivalent experience required.
• Registration/Certification by the ARDMS- Registered Diagnositc Cardiac Sonographer or one of the following reg/cert from Cardiovascular Credentialing International(CCI) - Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) or Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) and CPR Certification required.
Kaiser Permanente - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...