Echo Tech - PRN Variable Shifts
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team.
Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care. Cardiac services, oncology, neurosurgery and The Spine Institute - these are just a few of the areas in which we excel!
Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs Doppler studies on cardiac patients.
- Determines and documents the presence, location and severity or absence of cardiac disease.
- Provides a quantitative comparison for evaluation of the stability, improvement, and deterioration of cardiac disease.
- Helps determine the need for other more complicated invasive procedures.
- Communicates results to physicians and responds to questions and concerns.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job qualifications and requirements include:
- Graduate of a program in Echocardiography approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association or documented equivalent education, experience and training.
- Previous experience performing echocardiography procedures
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
HCA Inc - 17 months ago