The Forum publishes regularly on a broad array of issues related to tax, trade, and economic policy and offers the opportunity for interns to contribute to work published in leading magazines and newspapers. Previous interns have explored issues such as the impact of economic growth on culture, and the effect of capital gains taxes on entrepreneurship and job creation. The Forum has a wide breadth of policy issues and encourages interns to explore economic issues of interest to them.
As part of the internship, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Research assistance: Interns will provide research assistance and data collection for their issue area director when in the office
- Event attendance: Interns will attend Capitol Hill hearings, private speaker events, and events held by other DC think tanks to analyze and report on the information presented
- Forum event support : Interns will help promote, run, and evaluate all Forum events
- Semester project : Interns will write a paper on a topic of their choice to be completed by the end of the semester. Issue area directors will assist the interns with their research and writing.
Hours and Compensation
- Interns must be available for 20 to 32 hours per week
- Interns will be provided an hourly wage to cover transportation and living expenses
- Interns will be responsible for bringing their own computer/equipment
- Excellent writing ability and communication skills
- An interest in the politics and policies of center-right conservatives
- Self-starting attitude
- Quantitative skills are desired but not required
Please include in your application a preferred start date, resume, cover letter, and writing sample of less than 1,500 words.
American Action Forum - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -