"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
You will provide intensive reading intervention to Houston area children in Grades 2-5 who have both ADHD and severe reading difficulties as a component of an NIH-funded study of treatment of these children.
This position is project-based and number of hours worked may be variable.
Must have reliable transportation as the job location is at Houston area schools.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provids reading intervention to individual or small groups of children following prescribed procedures with high fidelity.
- Serve as a mentor/coach in elementary-level classrooms in Houston Independent School District (HISD); may deliver and prepare lesson plans for intervention lessons
- Produce written lesson plans for each intervention lesson and prepares for delivery of intervention lessons, including organization of all materials. Maintain accurate and complete records of assessment results, lesson plans, and other documentation as directed.
- Attend and participate actively in (a) weekly interventionist meetings with the reading intervention coordinator and/or study PI, (b) trainings, and (c) coaching sessions to assure high-quality implementation of the intervention treatment.
-Maintain excellent attendance to assure high-quality implementation of the intervention treatment.
- Comply with university regulations and school policies, maintain a high degree of professionalism, and communicates effectively with members of the research team, students, parents, and school personnel. Maintain the prescribed schedule for intervention lessons as closely as possible to assure that children receive a sufficient dosage of the treatment.
Bachelor degree required; degree in Elementary Education preferred.
One year of related experience; previous experience in teaching or tutoring students is preferred.
Bilingual required based on assignment. Teaching certificate in elementary education preferred.
- CITI Human Research Subjects training required within 5 days of employment. High level of professionalism, good oral and written communication skills, and high degree of organization required.
-Bilingual not required for this assignment.
- Previous experience teaching or tutoring students of any age, preferably in a school environment.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 12 months ago
Teacher Connection, Inc
- 25 days ago