1. Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare
administration, or directly related field and four (4) years
Skills And Abilities
Effective Communications Skills
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
1. Coordinates, supervises, and administers operations of
aforementioned programs as applicable. Responsible for managing
clerical/administrative operations and workflow for maximum
efficiency and utilization of resources.
2. Supervises clerical and administrative support staff; oversees
training and orientation of staff; determines work priorities;
evaluates work progress and production.
3. May develop and oversee budgets related to education office,
including approving expenditures and preparing summaries of
financial operations. Obligates and tracks expenditures for
educational program(s), committing funds for program operations,
including salaries/stipends and other operational costs.
Responsible for cost distribution of stipend and operational
funding between institutions.
4. Creates, reviews, and maintains policies and procedures in
accordance with university and accrediting agency standards to
ensure compliance. Interprets policy for faculty, staff,
residents, fellows, and students.
5. Maintains records and documentation of activities of program
participants, including appointments, terminations, performance
evaluations and/or grades, credentialling, malpractice coverage,
recommendations, and verification of training; prepares complex
reports and surveys for university administration and/or
accrediting agencies regarding statistical information on education
programs within department or unit.
6. Manages recruitment and admission activities of unit, which may
include coordinating production of brochures/recruitment materials,
overseeing interview process, maintaining records of applicants,
compiling statistical data on applicants, and preparing reports on
7. Responsible for design, execution, and effectiveness of system of
internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that
operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and
financial information is reliable.
8. Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and
9. As directed, may process on-line forms for payroll, vacation/sick
leave requests, malpractice insurance payments, supply ordering,
and/or other operations needs. May assist supervisor in monitoring
program expenditures within university guidelines.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center - Dallas - 17 months ago