The PTC University Curriculum Development department develops role-based customer training and assessments in multiple formats (instructor-led, Web-based, etc.) for most PTC software products.
This is an individual contributor position responsible for creating training content using documented standards, clearly defined processes, and standardized tools. This role is focused primarily on developing courseware, providing subject matter expertise, converting source material into a Web-based format, performing course maintenance based on reported issues and customer feedback, and delivering training as needed.
Education developers at this level are expected to perform their duties without oversight from more senior staff or management, and to mentor less experienced staff.
- Developing course design documents and project plans
- Developing courseware in compliance with all standards, methodologies and procedures.
- Working with quality assurance and productions team to produce final materials.
- Developing assessments to verify courseware knowledge.
- Developing the classroom environment (software and data).
- Developing train-the-trainer materials.
- Monitoring discussion forums for course feedback.
- Updating errata (error) sheets and courseware maintenance.
- Knowing the release dates for the course deliverables, and tracking where the course is in the development process relative to those dates.
- Knowing the handoff dates for course material production, and being available on those dates to address any issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 4 years of professional work experience.
- 2 years of training development or delivery experience.
- 1 year of experience with service sector software (parts management, parts pricing, field service, etc.)
- Experience with HTML/XML Authoring preferred.
PTC - The Product Development Company - 15 months ago
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) enables manufacturers to achieve maximum value from their product strategies with software and services designed to...