See "Essential Functions" section.
Note: College of Marin’s faculty pools are open to applications on a continuous basis. Although there may not be any current openings, applications will remain on file until the hiring department has an immediate need to add candidates to their pool. Screening and interviews can be conducted at any point in time as the hiring department desires. Applications received after that time will remain on file for the next screening period. Once a screening has occurred, applicants will be notified of their status.
Instructors appointed to the part-time temporary pool may be used to cover part-time, temporary and/or substitute openings in the department. Assignments can vary in duration and are not guaranteed. Duties may include assignment in any Education course, including, but not limited to: Introduction to Education; and Foundations of Teaching.
Also included are:
Requirements & Desirables:
- Providing effective classroom or laboratory instruction using methods and materials appropriate to the subject matter
- Preparing and grading all class assignments and examinations
- Advising, assisting and evaluating students, evaluating learning outcomes and maintaining regular office hours
- Participating in program activities including curriculum and program planning, development, evaluation, and decision making as well as the development of new teaching-learning methods and materials
- Contributing to development of program policies and procedures
- Participation in departmental and college professional activities and/or committees is welcomed, but not required
- Maintaining accurate and timely student records as required
- Maintaining currency and depth of knowledge in assigned area of responsibility
- Maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics
- Communicating with excellent written and oral skills in English
1.) A Master's degree in Education; OR
2.) The equivalent; AND
3.) Demonstrated sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the campus community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (Desirable Attributes & Skills)
- Competencies related to: curriculum & course development; teaching & learning theory; information resources & evaluating student outcomes; and, assisting student to develop critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing with a diverse campus community
- Currency and depth of knowledge in assigned area of responsibility and subject matter
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues and members of the campus community
- Commitment to the teaching profession, its goals and ideals, and enthusiasm for the mission of the College of Marin
- Familiarity with, willingness and ability to use multiple teaching methods including computer based learning
- Ability and enthusiasm to use teaching methods that engage students and encourage them to be motivated self learners
- Knowledge, training and experience with online pedagogy and technology
- Evidence of excellent written and oral skills in English
Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
Tuberculin (TB) Clearance
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
A. Cover Letter
C. Transcript conferring Master’s degree
D. Transcript conferring Bachelor’s degree
Supplemental & Salary Information:
FLSA Status: Exempt
Please refer to the Faculty (UPM/AFT) Salary Schedule on our Human Resources site for detailed information.
Salaries for Part-time Temporary Pool members are based on the number of units taught and are paid at 95% of the Full-time Faculty Salary Schedule. New part-time instructors will be placed between Step 1, Column 1, and Step 7, Column 5 of the salary schedule, depending on background and experience.
Temporary part-time credit instructor payment formula:
Annual salary x # of units divided by 30 units x 95% = semester payment; divided by five (5) = monthly salary.
College of Marin - 19 months ago