MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or non-competitive 55b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1 OR have one year of permanent service as an Agency Program Aide or Administrative Aide to be eligible for transfer to Trainee 1 in accordance with § 70.1 of the Civil Service Law OR be reachable on the Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list; the Professional Careers Test (PCT) eligible list; or the Public Management Intern (PMI) eligible list for appointment to Trainee 1. Appointments from the PATT, the PCT, and the PMI require completion of a two-year traineeship leading to Grade 14. Additionally, some transfers may also require completion of a traineeship leading to a Grade 14.
Section 70.4 Transfer – A candidate may be eligible for nomination for Section 70.4 transfer to Trainee 1, if they have standing on the PCT or PMI eligible lists and are currently a New York State employee in a title allocated to Grade 9 or higher.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preferred candidates will have experience and working knowledge with the following software applications: Microsoft Access, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Peachtree
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent-permanent appointment. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of Budget approval.
*Leads to a salary of $52,552 based on annual performance advances.
The duties that the incumbent of the vacancy will be expected to perform.
The New York State Education Department’s Bureau of Financial Management (BFM) is seeking applicants for an Education Program Assistant 1, G-14, or an Education Trainee 1, NS (Equated to G-11), position. The incumbent will assist in collecting and calculating fiscal information for the Proprietary Schools Tuition Assessment program and preparing billings of medical doctors for the Medical Contract Repayment Program. The duties of the positions include, but are not limited to:
• Assists in the preparation, review, and analysis, of a variety of reports and records specific to BPSS and Medical Contract Repayment programs for audits, collections, and renewals;
• Collects and analyzes information found in tables, charts, and reports to keep track of the status of receivable and overdue payment position of proprietary schools;
• Develops, maintains, and updates database programs and reporting documents as required;
• Documents procedures and analytical methods developed and used to assess a school’s compliance with payment and financial information submission requirements; and,
• Prepares and edits draft correspondence and other related documents;
Additional comments regarding the vacancy.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 20, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Box number (CFO-18/00066) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.