The New York State Education Department’s Office of K-16 Initiatives and Access Programs, is seeking candidates for the position of Education Program Assistant 1 (EPA 1) to assist with the administration of the various opportunity programs. The duties of the EPA 1 will include, but will not be limited to:
• Processing contracts and budgets;
• Processing interim and final project performance reports;
• Preparing information for reports for the Division of the Budget and the Legislature;
• Coordinating end-user accounts;
• Evaluating proposals to determine successful applications for funding;
• Routing grant applications from Pre-Collegiate Preparation Programs Office to reviewers and back, using available databases and other methods;
• Responding to inquiries on the opportunity programs from the public; and
• Occasional in-state travel is required, including overnight(s).
The duties that the incumbent of the vacancy will be expected to perform.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For permanent appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1, Agency Program Aide or Administrative Aide OR be reachable on the Public Administration Traineeship Transition (PATT) or the Professional Careers Test (PCT). Appointees from the PATT and PCT lists must serve a two-year traineeship that leads to the Grade 14 salary level. Some transfers may also require completion of a traineeship.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a permanent contingent appointment. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of Budget approval.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $52,552 based on annual performance advances.
Additional comments regarding the vacancy.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by August 9, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (OHE-405/13687) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application
StateJobsNY - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -