Works to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate department programs and initiatives that support Hawai’i's educators. Utilizes current, research-based, indigenously Hawaiian educational strategies in professional development to encourage the use of Hawaiian cultural knowledge, language, practices, and history to develop and implement content curriculum, standards/benchmarks, assessment, and instruction. Supports director and team in executing operational functions and duties (e.g. fiscal monitoring, general operations), program monitoring and reporting, and client support. Attends and presents at conferences, workshops, and venues. Actively participates as a member of a team in department, division, and institution-wide professional development; keeps up-to-date on latest educational research. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Over 2 – less than 3 years of related work experience.
- Excellent experience in curriculum development and implementation
- Good working knowledge of innovative classroom management strategies
- Excellent ability to develop and implement detailed quality assurance assessment strategies.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently; is self motivated, flexible, and able to travel, work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Previous experience in providing direct services to target population preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of community, secondary and post-secondary school resources preferred.
- Familiarity with Native Hawaiian communities, agencies and organizations.
- Working knowledge of Hawaiian language
- Sensitivity to Hawaiian cultural approaches to education
- Knowledge of Kamehameha Schools’ missions and objectives.
Kamehameha Schools - 17 months ago
Kamehameha Schools provides an education fit for a king ... or queen. The private charitable trust was founded and endowed by Princess...