Under the leadership of Superintendent John Huppenthal, the Arizona Department of Education is committed to our mission of ensuring academic excellence for all students. We are always seeking highly qualified professionals who share our passion for enriching students' lives! For more information about ADE, please visit http://www.ade.az.gov/.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, supplemental and dependent life insurance ($15,000 life insurance provided free), and short-term disability (all after a 90 day waiting period as a state of Arizona employee). Also provided are a deferred compensation plan, sick leave, vacation leave, and 10 paid holidays per year. It is mandatory to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System plan (ASRS), which includes long-term disability (after a 27 week waiting period as a state of Arizona employee).
All newly-hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
The Arizona Department of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
The Arizona Department of Education Exceptional Student Services (ESS) Section is seeking an Education Program Specialist.
- Assists in the creation of Request for Proposals (RFPs) to solicit professional development vendors/external providers that can provide assistance to schools/districts that work with students with disabilities
- Collaborates with other staff in creating/ locating professional development offerings that meet the various needs of constituents that work with students with disabilities (this includes reviewing data of constituent needs)
- Assists with the communication to facilities for professional development requests, banquet event orders (BEOs), and process payments
- Responds to related questions from school personnel, coaches, presenters, or the public
- Co-coordinates, presents, and attends Comprehensive System of Personnel Development (CSPD) professional development activities
- Follows CSPD protocol for project-wide data collection process, analysis, implementation, and evaluation
- Writes data reports on the progress of schools served
- Identifies and organizes outside professional development that coincides with ESS activities
- Applicants must have taught in a public school setting and have a Bachelor's Degree in Education
- Preference will be given to those individuals with a Master's degree in special education or general education
- Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
- Travel is also required for this position
- Current methods and practices of professional development systems for team trainings with capacity building
- Coordination of trainings from pre-training to follow-up after training
- Coordination of professional development evaluation
- Response to Intervention (RTI) framework
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
- State procurement regulations
- Data collection
- Creating and analyzing statistical reports
- Oral and written communication
- Management of materials and tasks
- Customer service
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ED
- Cooperate in all efforts to improve CSPD projects and maintain expectations
- Represent ESS/ADE in a professional manner at all times
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Self-directed in completing tasks independently
- Operate computer programs and databases
- Solve problems efficiently and effectively
- Remain positive in work environment
State of Arizona - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The US Department of Education's (or ED) mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering...