UALR Functional Title
Education Programs Coordinator / P98301
The Education Programs Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and maintaining a comprehensive educational enrichment program linked to the academic, recreational and social needs of the approximately 1,200 sponsored children attending UALR CI’s partner schools. The Education Programs Coordinator will report to the Director but work closely with the Education Manager and all members of the UALR Children International team. This is a full-time, annually renewed grant-funded position. Normal working hours will be Monday – Friday with regular evening and occasional weekend hours required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate a variety of educational enrichment and recreational programs and activities for sponsored children.
- Oversee the daily operation of several school-based after school and summer programs.
- Facilitate educational activities.
- Supervise site-based staff and volunteers.
- Monitor program expenses and budgets.
- Assist with the development and implementation of standard program policies and procedures to ensure all CI programs address high quality program standards.
- Maintain a working knowledge of state and national standards and best practices for out-of-school time youth programming.
- Design, plan and develop new curriculum, activities and/or educational programs.
- Train program staff and volunteers.
- Assist in program evaluation.
- Track and report enrollment and benefit delivery statistics and maintain program records.
- Manage relationships with school sites and other school programs.
- Collaborate with community partners to build support for CI programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of best practices and issues of concern in the fields of youth development and out-of-school time programs.
- Knowledge of the operational practices of the Little Rock School District or another school district, particularly of UALR CI’s five partner elementary schools.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database operations, particularly Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to lead projects and staff/volunteers.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, set priorities, and problem solve.
- Ability to take initiative and create new programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Clean driving record and ability to drive a 15-seat passenger van.
- Ability to work full-time with evening hours and occasional Saturdays.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse constituencies.
Required Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field; three years experience working in the field of education or youth development.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Master’s Degree in related field with at least one year of program development experience preferred.
Background Check Requirements
05 - Criminal/Sex/Drug
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Daily, Kneeling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Occasionally, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Frequently, Standing for long periods of time: Frequently, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Frequently, Walking - Moderate Distances; Occasionally, Walking - Long Distances; Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is an internal to campus posting and is open to all current UALR benefits eligible employees.