The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the largest behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. AIR is a collaborative organization that works with clients to examine a wide range of projects from early childhood development to adult education as well as individual and organizational performance. We pride ourselves in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant federal, state, and private organizations. AIR's vision is that research-based problem solving can improve the lives of all people. We are currently seeking an Education Researcher/Survey Methodologist to join our Washington, DC office.
The Education Researcher/Survey Methodologist will work with the research team to provide expert support toward the design, methods, implementation and dissemination of several National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) studies, including the National Household Education Surveys program and the Early Childhood Longitudinal Studies.
- Questionnaire and assessment development
- Analysis of data
- Manipulation and cleaning of data
- Critical review of sampling, weighting, and imputation plans
- Statistical programming and creation of data tables
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in fields such as survey methodology, sociology, education, psychology, or other related fields.
- Experience or aptitude for the application of sampling, weighting, imputation.
- Experience or aptitude for the manipulation of data sets and data analyses.
- Experience or aptitude for survey and assessment design.
- Programming experience with statistical software, such as SAS, Stata, or SPSS.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively about survey methods and findings to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
American Institutes for Research - 14 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...