Master's Degree in health related field (Public Health, Nursing, Health Education, Hospital and HealthCare Administration) or in Adult Education/Human Resource Development.
A minimum of three years experience in educational consulting and/or project management related to the design, development, and/or delivery of educational activities (in live and/or online formats).
Qualified candidate must have experience working with course planners to apply adult education principles and introduce effective approaches to course planning, instructional design, and evaluation. Position requires complex project management experience (deadline-driven, multiple projects at various stages of completion).
Individual must be able to build positive relationships with clients while maintaining a focus on accreditation compliance requirements. Experience in a leadership, education, or management position involved in the design, development and/or delivery of live and/or online educational programs.
Must have demonstrable experience in change management, project management, and/or group facilitation skills. Knowledge and experience in curriculum development and/or instructional design that results in measurable outcomes. Innovative approaches to problem solving. Experience using a variety of educational formats.
Individual must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, be well organized, possess strong change management skills, and be proficient with MS Office Suite.
Successful candidate must have excellent attention to detail, experience working effectively as a team leader in a fast-paced, complex environment with multiple projects, tight deadlines, and shifting priorities. Proven ability to develop timelines and conduct business in a manner designed to monitor and successfully meet those deadlines.
Familiarity with certified education (continuing medical education or related field). Awareness of accreditation compliance, changes in professional licensure and/or healthcare credentialing. Identification of adult education theory and emerging educational research findings. Proven ability to help build and support systems designed for managing and sustaining process improvements. Experience with various software, including project management tracking tools, online survey instruments, and relational database experience (MS Access).
This position is responsible for project work consisting of the collaborative planning and execution of high-quality, impactful educational activities for practicing physicians and other healthcare professionals as assigned. Individual will partner with the CME/CPD leadership to work with course directors, planning committee members, and CME/CPD staff to convey and apply the principles of effective adult learning in accordance with the accreditation requirements.
This position will serve as a lead representative of the Office of CME/CPD and a member of the planning and delivery team to address aspects of accreditation, course planning, delivery, and evaluation.
55% Educational Consulting (Design, Development and Delivery / compliant with accreditation requirements)
The education specialist will consult with course directors, planning committees, and faculty to help them address identified professional practice gaps through development and delivery of strategic educational activities and initiatives (live and online) designed for targeted members of the healthcare community.
Individual in this position must perform the following:
1. Collaboratively develop and manage course planning timelines and budgets and help ensure established milestones are met
2. Advise course planners regarding adult learning principles and accreditation compliance criteria
3. Oversee various aspects of course design, content development, faculty communications, marketing plan, materials assembly, and evaluation/outcomes measurement in a manner that aligns with the identified educational objectives
4. (For some activities) Work with Education Coordinator to scope out available venue options. Manage the logistical details to include negotiating and finalizing venue contracts/arrangements, timing of course material development, etc.)
5. Function as team leader, apply project management and delegation skills to coordinate planning and implementation with OCME staff
6. Operate in a transparent manner, help ensure alignment with OMCE mission, and introduce innovative approaches to the field of continuing education
7. Educational activities will be designed to improve healthcare providers' base of knowledge, application to practice, decision making and, ultimately, have a positive impact on patient care
25% Group facilitation /Change Management/Quality Improvement
1. Apply effective leadership skills to facilitate effective group process by organizing and conducting productive planning meetings (both internal and external to OCME)
2. Help continuously review, refine, and reinforce necessary updates via effective faculty communications with clearly outline expectations and invite innovation
3. Conduct and document formal course debriefings to help reinforce a culture of continuous quality improvement and to share constructive feedback and develop formal action plans.
4. Provide meaningful consultation to internal and/or external clients and educational partners by conducting a systematic review of evaluation feedback, seeking opportunities for enhanced instructional strategies, and providing constructive feedback to faculty and staff in a timely manner.
15% Budget Development and Management
1. Collaborate with course planners to develop, manage and monitor course budgets in a fiscally responsible manner compliant with the AACME Standards for Commercial Support and aligned with OCME department policies and practices.
2. Explore and identify efficient approaches to marketing/promotion and outreach
3. Apply existing budget policies and practices and utilize available budgeting tools to ensure transparent approach to course finances
4. Oversee the staff resource allocation for planning team and shared services to ensure sound business models are applied and resources are appropriately allocated
5. Participate in identification and pursuit of potential revenue-generating opportunities aligned with OCME mission. Develop course proposals and service fee estimates and manage course activities in a fiscally-sound manner
5% Other Projects / Duties as Assigned
Support the work of the department by participating in special assignments and projects as needed
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Does this position require a background check?
Established in 1985, the University of Minnesota's Center for Bioethics is a nationally prominent, yet locally focused, resource that...