The Division of Teaching and Learning is seeking Full Time and Part-Time Education Specialists with expertise in professional development, facilitation, and instructional coaching. The ideal applicant will have experience with developing, implementing, and presenting professional development sessions. The applicant must have good oral and written communication and customer service skills. Depth of knowledge of the Common Core State Standards, curriculum design, data driven decision making, and SRBI is essential. Expertise in:
Secondary Math or Secondary Literacy
. Responsibilities include coordination of projects within the division of Teaching & Learning, instructional support, sale of service professional development for educators in Greater Hartford Region, and assisting with the CT State Department of education with CCSS initiatives. Competitive salary and benefits.
Completely perform the duties specified above and any other related duties assigned by administrators. CREC offers flexible work schedules, competitive pay, opportunities to work with highly qualified educational professionals, and a chance to make a difference in the education of teachers and students.
- Providing technical assistance to school systems in the CREC region in the areas of strategic instruction, curriculum design, assessment, differentiated instruction, data driven decision making and the CCSS.
- Developing professional training for teachers in the CREC region
- Assisting clients with the implementation of CCSS and SBAC
- Advancing, promoting and implementing Teaching & Learning initiatives. including teacher training workshops and conferences
- Cultivating 21 century learning practices through technology
Knowledge and skills in assessment and data collection. Knowledge and experience in a leadership or supervisory role in an educational setting; experience planning and leading staff development, experience coordinating several requests simultaneously; interpret policies and procedures and work collaboratively with various interest groups.
Requires a Masters degree with at least 5-7 years of experience teaching and/or staff development and coaching in public education. Current CT Elementary, Math or ELA content certification required. Must have good oral, written communication, and customer service skills. Must have knowledge of computer database management, computer skills, and current educational technology, including online learning platforms. Travel required.
Capitol Region Education Council - 15 months ago