Education Specialist - Nursing Education
QUALITY SERVICE SAFETY
We're Nursing at its Best.
The very factors that drive Hackensack University Medical Center to national success are the same ones that drive America's best nurses to us. Nurses who value quality, service, and safety. Nurses who are invigorated by patient care and cutting-edge medicine. Who are energized by career advancement. Who know that the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence is more than an honor, it's a way of thinking.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
• Graduate of an NLN/AACN accredited program in nursing.
• Master’s degree in nursing.
• Moderate computer experience including Microsoft apps.(Word & Excel), Teaching experience inclusive of technology, Strong communication/organizational skills.
• Minimum of 2 years of clinical information systems.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
• Knowledge of information technology and management information systems. Background in EPIC applications.
• Professional certification in an area of specialty related to practice (staff development).
• Current valid NJ State Professional Registered Nurse license.
• Maintains American Heart Association Basic Life Support HCP Certification.
The Education Specialist is a Registered Professional Nurse who is responsible for education in an assigned area to promote educational outcomes consistent with the goals of the department.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
1. Assesses all aspects of the educational process, including the assessment of staff learning needs, development of curricula to meet these needs, implementation of educational programs/offerings, and the outcomes of such programs/offerings.
2. Delivers educational offerings based on adult education learning principles.
3. Develops, reviews, and revises nursing procedures, both directly and on a consultation basis, teaching records, performance checklists, orientation competency maps, patient education materials, etc., as they relate to staff/patient education, including incorporating same into orientation and all applicable continuing education.
4. Acts as a resource and mentor to clinical instructors in relation to clinical objectives, teaching strategies, and evaluation of staff performance in the clinical setting.
5. Assists Nurse Managers, Advanced Practice Nurses, Case Managers, and Clinical Educator in planning and presenting continuing education programs/courses.
6. Monitors educational outcomes through Performance Improvement (PI) activities, reviews PI data results, develops educational programs based on Performance Improvement data results, implements performance improvement activities as they relate to the specific focus team structures developed within the Department of Nursing Education, i.e. (Critical Care, Medical-Surgical, Orientation, Women and Children).
7. Sets annual goals and educational plans based on the goals of the HUMC and the Department of Patient Care.
8. Develops working knowledge of the ANA standards, and communicates these standards to the Clinical Educators and Nursing Staff.
Join us by visiting humccareers.com and applying online.
HACKENSACK UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
When You Feel Good, We Feel Good.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a smoke free environment.
Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC) is an acute care teaching and research hospital that serves the residents of northern New Jersey...