WAGE/HR STATUS: Exempt - 11 Month Position (Full Time or Part Time)
REPORTS TO: Director for Curriculum & Instruction
COMPONENT: Curriculum & Instruction
Provide effective and efficient technical assistance and training to ESC clients for the development and implementation of programs to improve the performance of students.
Minimum Education /Certification:
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate with endorsement in area of assignment or appropriate license/certification
Effective organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
General knowledge of content area
Knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices
Three years teaching experience
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Provide technical assistance to school district personnel in all components of educational programs and services related to specific assignment.
2. Develop, train and provide/facilitate professional development activities for school district personnel throughout the region.
3. Research, develop, evaluate and coordinate educational plans, programs, materials and services related to specific assignment.
4. Comply with federal and state laws, State Board of Education Rules, and ESC board policy and procedures.
5. Manage project budgets efficiently and accurately.
6. Provide training to district personnel in the use of instructional material.
7. Compile, maintain and file all records and other documents as required.
8. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
9. Keep informed of and comply with ESC policies and procedures.
10. Articulate and support the center mission and instructional philosophy.
Computer and Multi-Media Equipment
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data.
Ability to instruct.
Maintain emotional control.
Frequent in-region and occasional out-of-region travel.
Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Works with frequent interruptions.
Ability to conduct on-site technical assistance and staff development.