Miller & Milone, P.C. is a law firm that focuses its practice on Healthcare Law, Elder Law and Estate Planning. Our Healthcare division services major New York Hospitals, private physcians, nursing homes and individual clients with their denial management, medicaid, discharge planning and accounts receivable needs.
We are a service practice that is strongly committed to the welfare of our clients and are highly cognizant of their needs. We continually strive to bridge our client's problems with solutions.
The Medicaid/ Elder Law Clerical is part of the Elder Law team at Miller & Milone, P.C., that works together to complete and process chronic care patients into long term care nursing facilities. The Medicaid/Elder Law Clerical assists in collecting documentation for the purpose of evaluating patients’ eligibility obtain Medicaid and/or completing application requirements. Conduct must, at all times, be in accordance with HIPAA regulations and Medicaid guidelines.
- Speak with patients/families and gather documentation to evaluate financial eligibility and complete Medicaid application process
- Researching and verifying patients’ financial history
- Gathering information and consistently follow up to complete submissions by deadlines
- Documenting and reporting all actions taken to communicate with patients, updating patient accounts, and tracking the status of data collection
- Managing 10-20 patient accounts
- Must be able to effectively communicate with patients/applicants
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be able to work independently
- Adherence to Medicaid and HIPAA guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications
- Ability to learn proprietary databases
- Must maintain a professional image of Miller & Milone in appearance and attitude
- Must have schedule flexibility to stay late or come in early on occasion
- Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ( Entry Level Clerical Salary)
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Plans, 401(k) Savings Plan, Paid Time Off, and more.