What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
The successful candidate will provide electro-optical engineering support to Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Kinetic Kill Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) Simulation (KHILS) facility at Eglin AFB, FL. He/she will provide senior level technical support for electro-optical and infrared system development, testing, and characterization. Additional primary duties are concentrated on testing, image processing, systems testing & troubleshooting, and interfacing between software and hardware (control systems), and improving infrared emitting, micro-resistor arrays used
in infrared scene projectors for HWIL testing of guided munitions
Candidate must have expertise in data analysis, data reduction and reporting. Established technical expertise; has broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of this field.
Responsibilities will include:
Operate infrared cameras. Change camera settings and test parameters to fulfill specific requirements of test plans. Understand limitations of the camera. Collect blackbody data to characterize and calibrate (spatial calibrations, apparent temperature calibrations). Collect data, using infrared cameras to characterize and/or to calibrate infrared resistor array projectors for missile seeker HWIL simulations.
Radiometric, spatial, spectral, and temporal characterization and calibration of resistor arrays and detectors.
Processing of digital images to determine performance of resistor arrays and IR sensors.
Have sufficient proficiency with MATLAB to use or modify existing scripts to process camera images to determine calibration values, etc.
Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, signal and delay generators, etc.
Support of modeling and tracking algorithm development.
BS Degree in Electrical or Optical Engineering or Physics from an accredited University and 5-10 year’s experience
- Knowledge and understanding of standard scene projection and emitter array hardware\
- Strong MATLAB experience, experience with Simulink a plus
- Familiarity with using computers/tools for data analysis and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- HWIL simulation experience a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Conscientious, organized and meticulous
- Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
- Team oriented
- Capable of working independently and without direction on assigned tasks/projects
- Works as a member of a team and assists with solving complex problems
- Exhibit and practice professional behavior with both internal and external customers
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by Management
The AEgis Technologies Group, Inc. - 9 months ago