First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
The “ Electric Regulatory & Compliance Administrator ” will support the Director and the Manager of Electric Regulatory Compliance. He/she will be responsible for maintaining the regulatory reporting calendar and coordinating the preparation and submission of regulatory reports and agency audit responses. In addition, the position will be responsible for refining and maintaining an internal record-keeping system for procedures, technical data and case files for state and federal regulatory proceedings and compliance filings. The position will also provide administrative support to regulatory personnel and others in the legal department, as well as to site operating personnel responsible for compliance activities and periodic reporting.
This position can be based in Boston, MA or Portland, ME.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to create and maintain organizational systems for a large amount of data and legal documents. Attention to detail and the ability to juggle numerous assignments in a fast-paced environment. Willingness and ability to master regulatory requirements, processes and technical information quickly.
· Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to lead by example to ensure compliance with all First Wind processes, procedures and policies, while maintaining standards of the corporate code of conduct in all employees.
· 2+ years professional regulatory paralegal and/or compliance administration experience at a law firm, public utility or other energy company, with an emphasis on experience with compliance systems (preferably in the electric regulatory field). Experience creating a paperless filing system for legal files a plus.
· Organized approach and proven problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Proficient with MS Office software such as Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel; skills in and aptitude for electronic data and document management systems (e.g. SharePoint). Must be experienced in database design and management.
First Wind - 24 months ago