Excelitas Technologies has an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer!
We are currently seeking an energetic and results driven Electrical Engineer to join our Analog Design Team at our Miamisburg, Ohio site. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for Responsible for conceptual and detail design of Electronic Safe and Arm Devices (ESADs) and Ignition Safety Devices (ISDs) for missile programs.
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, customized optoelectronics to OEMs seeking high-performance, market-driven technology solutions. With approximately 3,000 employees across the globe, Excelitas Technologies is a growth-oriented, agile, technology-based company committed to enabling our OEM customers’ success in their markets and applications. Some examples of these markets and applications include: medical lighting, analytical instrumentation, life sciences, clinical diagnostics, industrial, safety and security, and aerospace and defense. Our projects are both exciting & challenging. We look forward to providing you a rewarding career!
To learn more about Excelitas please visit, www.excelitas.com
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, health, dental, life, short and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) match and more!
- As a member of the technical staff, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for the generation of the overall design and development activities for Electronic Safe and Arm Devices (ESADs or ESAFs) and Ignition Safety Devices (ISDs) for weapon systems.
- Develops ESADs and ISDs that meet customer design specifications as well as generates designs for internal needs.
- Originates and refines existing designs including detail design, tolerance studies, and selection of electronic components while taking shock, vibration, thermal stress considerations into account.
- Prepares engineering specs, parts lists, time estimates, and test and fabrication schedules.
- Writes engineering reports and assists in the preparation of technical proposals.
- Participates in and conducts specification reviews, design reviews, pre-production builds, debug, and product testing at internal, government and/or customer labs.
- Plans and determines test procedures. Conducts laboratory or field test experiments and investigations, as well as correlates and interprets observations and results.
- Will also be responsible for technical support of some mature products currently in production.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- BS Degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline is required.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of design/development experience or other equivalent training designing circuits with electronic components, with at least one year of analog experience.
- Knowledge of electronic design software (OrCAD, PSpice preferred) is required. Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Must also have the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Clearance. Previous experience with military high reliability programs and working with Military Standards is desirable.
- Ingenuity and attention to detail skills are essential.
Diversity is our strength. Beyond our deep portfolio of enabling technologies and the broad range of applications and markets we serve, it's the collaborative strength of Excelitas' 3000+ employees across the globe that deliver value to our customers on a daily basis.
Excelitas Technologies is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Excelitas Technologies Corp. - 12 months ago