Under limited guidance, applies diversified knowledge of production and engineering principles to broad variety of assignments and related fields. This includes an in-depth understanding of power plant systems, major components and their failure modes. Continued due diligence in updating, maintaining, growing and teaching the use and execution of the Production Assurance Processes. Performs root cause analysis on human performance events, system constraints and component failures. Leads teams in complex problem analysis, key decision making and long term planning. Demonstrates and maintains an understanding of general business principles, NERC regulations, industry trends and operational practices, and effectively applies that knowledge to issues relevant to the site. Ensures all work conforms to applicable local, state and federal permits, codes, standards and regulations. Under limited direction, ability to effectively manage multiple tasks at once and meet or beat set forth deadlines.
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following:
- Experience with EPC, Quality Control, Pre-commissioning, Testing, Commissioning, Start-up, Operation & Maintenance, Substations, Transmission Lines, Transformers, Switchgear, Generators, Motor Control Centers, Rotating Equipment, Power Distribution.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, interfacing with a variety of crafts & sub-contractors both union & non-union, project design, estimating, project coordination, contract deliverables, planning, scheduling, budgeting, manpower loading, bid proposals, bid evaluations, negotiation bid awards, status & activity reports, capability to develop Scope of Work.
- Voltages up to 115KVA, single Line, three lines, interconnection, integrating control drawings, signal diagrams, logic diagrams, flow, P&ID drawings and digital control systems with hands on experience (Emerson & WDPF DCS).
- Experience with analysis and diagnostics of equipment, test instruments (equipment), troubleshooting, procedure writing for testing, preventive maintenance, and experience with digital, analog, pneumatic and hydraulic instrumentation devices.
- A keen safety focus.
- Competency in Microsoft applications and CAD.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or two (2) plus years relevant duties experience.
Technical / Functional Excellence: New/Learning;Process Management Concepts: Competent;Quality Tools & Techniques: Competent;Effective Written Communications: Competent;Effective Verbal Communications: Competent;Safety Policy and Practice: Competent;
NextEra Energy, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard