Develop and implement the instrument and low/medium voltage electrical (I&E) portion of site capital improvements as well as provide technical support as needed to the instrumentation and electrical maintenance organization.
· Lead the scope development, design and implementation of projects that are primarily I&E in scope.
· Support the scope development, design and implementation of projects where I&E is a portion of the scope under the direction of a project manager.
· Support the development and maintaining of site standards and associated procedures related to I&E
· Maintain site instrumentation design records
· Ability to work, as needed, outdoors in a chemical plant environment
· Ability to direct/coordinate the activities of contract I&E engineers, designers or draft-persons
· Extensive knowledge in control systems, field instrumentation, and low/medium voltage (480v and below) power systems (experience with 4160v power is not required, but would be a plus).
· Knowledgeable in distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, etc.
· Knowledgeable in industry codes, standards and best practices
· Ability to prepare accurate estimates and schedules for project responsibilities
· Ability to communicate effectively with management, peers, customers and subordinates
· Good computer skills; knowledgeable in industry tools
Education: Bachelors of Science degree in electrical or instrument engineering.
Work Experience: Five or more years of I&E project engineering experience in the chemical, petrochemical or refining industry is required.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Eastman Chemical Company is an E-Verify employer.
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Eastman Chemical Company (Eastman) is a global chemical company, which manufactures and sells a portfolio of chemicals, plastics, and...