The Hawesville Mill is a pulp and paper mill located in Hawesville, Kentucky, along the banks for the Ohio River. The Mill manufactures two distinct products: Hardwood Market Pulp and Fine Paper. The Bleached Pulp Mill produces bleached hardwood pulp that is sold to other companies for use in the manufacture of various paper products and also furnishes pulp to the Fine Paper Mill. The Fine Paper Mill produces 1,700 tons per day of forms bond, tablet, offset and copy paper.
The Mill is seeking a qualified Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Designer/Drafter, reporting to the Mill's Engineering Manager. This position will provide the drafting & design for mill projects & repairs, primarily of an E&I nature.
- Possess a personal dedication to working safely & support safety initiatives
- Provide the drafting & design for mill projects & repairs, primarily of an E&I nature
- Support engineers on projects & maintain current standards
- Provide maintenance & operations support during outages
- Maintain conduit & conductor schedules, P&I drawings,
- Have experience in AutoCAD drafting & design,
- Possess document control & manual drafting experience
- Understand electrical schematics & their associated equivalent wiring diagrams
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Desired Qualifications include, but are not limited to: A technical/trade school diploma with emphasis in E&I Design, license/certification in AutoCAD, &/or a BS Degree with emphasis in E&I Design; AutoCAD administration experience; two (2) years minimum pulp & paper mill or equal electrical design/drafting experience; experience in document control, management of drawings & drawing distribution; experience in mill electrical design; contractor field support experience; ability to develop conduit routing layouts from completed conduit & cable schedules; ability to submit a Bill of Material for electrical construction based on installation drawings; versatility & experience in other discipline designs, such as civil, mechanical, HVAC, structural, architectural; multiple areas of electrical design experience, such as power distribution, digital communication & logic, design computer hardware installation, routing, design wire & conduit schedules, electrical design & electric system design, process control design, instrumentation design, PLC programming; experience in use of MS Office applications.
- To apply, you must submit resume online -or- via postal mail no later than Friday, February 15, 2013 (principals only, no agencies) to: Domtar Paper Company, LLC, Attention: Employee Relations Manager, Job Posting DTC13892173, PO Box 130, Hawesville, Kentucky 42348
- To be considered, you must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, background investigation, references verification, and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Domtar offers competitive wages and a range of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 401(k), pension plan, paid vacations & holidays, employer supported development and continuing education.
- Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974 & Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Leaving a paper trail is Domtar's business; the company is North America's #1 uncoated freesheet paper manufacturer and...