We are looking for an experienced Electrical Designer to join our team. This is a full time position with benefits in our Seattle, WA office. This position requires experience in electrical systems design and layout for industrial and large commercial facilities. In addition, a qualified candidate will be proficient with AutoCAD V2010 or higher and have a working knowledge of the latest edition of the NEC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design of feeder and branch circuits to include selection of the conductor and conduit sizing
- Low voltage (480V and below) power distribution system configuration and layout
- Layout of underground conduits and duct banks
- Layout and routing of cable tray and conduit systems
- Motor starter and miscellaneous control schematics and wiring diagrams
- Cable routing and circuit schedule development
- Design of lighting, grounding, fire alarm, telecom, and security systems
Experience with key duties and responsibilities described above is a requirement.
- Associates Degree or Computer Aided Design training
- 5-10 years experience in electrical systems design and layout for industrial and large commercial facilities
- Proficiency with AutoCAD V2010 or higher
- Working knowledge of the latest edition of the NEC
- Experience with design and layout of electrical and instrumentation systems within facilities such as factories, chemical plants, ports, and Pharmaceutical and Bio Science facilities
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel capability is a plus
The following experience is desired, but not essential:
- Experience working for an Architectural/Consulting Engineering firm
- Experience with medium-voltage power distribution systems
- Motor controls and building systems controls
- Lighting calculations and fixture selection for indoor and outdoor lighting systems
- Ability to supervise design of other designers and CAD drafters
We look forward to receiving your application!
Harris Group is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits. All your information will be kept confidential and according to EEO guidelines.
Harris Group Inc. - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard