Position is for our Arcadia Aerospace division-
The candidate is expected to perform a wide variety of tasks related to the fabrication and troubleshooting of electrical systems found on automated, robotic motion machinery as well as essential production manufacturing factory sub-systems. The position assists the President, as part of the Engineering Department and will support new advanced system design and build programs; the upgrade designs and installations at customer locations as well as the Arcadia Production general facility systems.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, AUTHORITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Other duties may be assigned.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform the design, layout and fabrication of customer electrical panel systems.
- Work and perform industry safety standards around High Voltage AC and DC system platforms.
- The ability to utilize basic and advanced test equipment designed for electrical installations.
- Interface courteously over the phone with customer maintenance, electrical staff on troubleshooting needs.
- The ability to travel and work domestically at customer facilities to perform on-site electrical installations.
- To properly ensure electrical systems are documented and details provided to the CAD Dept for schematics.
- The ability to read, interpret and implement schematics of industry standard libraries and vendor products.
- Perform purchase requisitioning of needed components for design, fabrication, and installation of electrical systems.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of many various styles electrical systems with the ability to adjust to circumstances and the pressures found in production 24/7 environments as customers demand.
- Generate forms, charts and documents as needed.
- Perform programming of motor controllers, PLC’s and various machine related vendor products.
- Interface with advanced computer systems, PC Plug-in Cards, Assembly of and troubleshooting required.
- Install OEM Software as required and test machinery related systems.
- The use of NEC, NFPA regulatory requirements, Safety in Robotics applications.
- Electrical systems cost estimating, deployment scheduling, support of the Mechanical Engineering Dept..
- Communicate, observe and respond verbally and through e-mail, generating reports as required.
- Requires travel to customer locations on various occasions, provide service and support to field installations.
- On-call for service and support issues for customers as well as the Florida facility.
- Design, organize, and stock an electronics lab for company use and customer part care and tracking
- Manage the time and work duties of electronic techs working under this position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to build and maintain professional customer relations. Excellent oral/written communication skills. Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) Products. Excellent phone etiquette. Able to multi-task. Customer service driven, teamwork and detail orientated, professional, upbeat, energetic, takes initiative, dependable, takes pride in work, experienced program management skills are a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to assess and mitigate RISK prior to commencing work and make the appropriate decisions based on that assessment both program specific risk and physical risk. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by individuals assigned to this position. Individuals may be required to perform other tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
X-Ray Industries, Inc. - 20 months ago