Electr ic al Enginee r / Computer Science ( Signal Processing )
Because this position requires a security clearance,
US Citizenship is mandatory.
Position: Mid- L evel Engineer/Scientist; Army Research Laboratory, Adelphi, MD
Salary Range: $ 75 , 0 00 – $ 1 15 ,000
This position requires experience in signal processing, fi r m ware design , RF systems and Microwave propagation . Applications include, but are not limited to control systems and communication systems. Duties may include modeling, signal analysis and detection, waveform design, algorithm development and system performance characterization . The engineer may also s upport system studies, analyses, and documentation development ( test plans and procedures and user guides).
- M S degre e in Electrical Engineering , Computer Science, Applied Math or Physics or a BS degree with at least 4 years’ experience .
- Expertise in signal processing, communications and/or control systems.
- Experience with small signal detection/extraction .
- Experience with estimation theory .
- Experience with firmware or software design.
- Familiarity with RF systems and microwave propagation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as ability to work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills, including ability to document algorithms and methods, publish peer-reviewed articles, and present at conferences.
- Experience with experiment design and data acquisition.
- Expertise with MATLAB/Simulink, LabVIEW , or other signal analysis packages.
- Experience with signal processing of RADAR data .
Please send resume, contact information for two references, and salary history to
- US citizenship
- Ability to secure a security clearance
General Technical Services, LLC
Route 138, Wall, NJ 07719
Tel: (732) 280-2022
Fax: (732) 681-9314
The selected candidate will be a contract employee of General Technical Services LLC (GTS). US citizenship is required (security clearance). There may be occasional travel. GTS offers company-funded educational support for job-related training. Other benefits include ten (federal) holidays, a co-funded medical plan, fifteen days of personal time, and a 401(k) investment package.
Background: Located in Adelphi, MD, the U.S. Army Research Laboratory's (ARL) Sensors and Electron Devices Directorate (SEDD) is the principal Army organization for research and development in sensors and electron devices. SEDD conducts innovative research to provide the Army with affordable, enabling technology in electro-optic smart sensors, MEMS, multifunction radio-frequency systems, autonomous sensing, power generation and management, and RF and thermal signature management. SEDD coordinates technologies within the Army, other services and their laboratories, industry, and academia to leverage basic and applied research opportunities for the benefit of the Army. See http://www.arl.army.mil and select Sensors and Electronics Devices Directorate.
To accomplish its mission, SEDD utilizes several unique facilities, most notably the Zahl Physical Science Laboratory, a 349,000 GSF state-of-the-art electronics R&D facility. This building has a 15,000 GSF clean room, dry room, high energy laser facilities, bio-inspired sensor laboratories and other research & development infrastructure.