Shrader Engineering is seeking licensed Electrical Engineer with municipal water/wastewater facilities design experience.
This challenging position involves working as part of a highly specialized electrical, instrumentation and SCADA programming team focused on design, implementation and construction management
of local and state agency water and wastewater facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include working closely with other engineers and designers in the development and oversight of engineering design projects for water and wastewater facilities. The candidate will be responsible for design of power distribution systems, instrumentation and controls, standby generators and automatic transfer systems, SCADA and telemetry systems, lighting systems, and development of load and fault current calculations, power flow models, and short circuit analysis.
The candidate will be required to manage and oversee the development of technical plans and specifications, ensure NEC code compliance, routinely coordinate with client and other disciplines in support of project completion, and mentor graduate electrical engineers and design staff.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering with P.E. registration in Texas; if licensed outside the State, candidate must be licensed by exam
- Must possess a solid background in electrical power distribution and control systems design and clear understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Minimum 6 years of recent experience in municipal water and wastewater facilities
- SCADA programming experience a plus
- Experience performing electrical short-circuit analysis and coordination studies using ETAP or EasyPower modeling software a plus
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Solid verbal communications skills and the desire to support the firm's marketing efforts in the water/wastewater industry
Shrader Engineering offers competitive benefits package, competitive salary, auto allowance and modern office facilities. The firm has an excellent 401
- k retirement plan, performance bonus plan, healthcare plan, wellness program (LifeTime Fitness Membership), continued education reimbursement and other generous benefits. The firm also takes great pride in an outstanding working environment with opportunity for growth.
Shrader Engineering - 15 months ago