Shrader Engineering is a leading engineering firm specializing in electrical, communications, and technology systems for critical infrastructure projects such as water, oil & gas, mass transit, seaport terminals, aviation, public safety, and private industry facilities.
With over 19 years of engineering experience in the field of Water, our firm continues to deliver innovative solutions with long-term value for a variety of public municipal projects including water plants, booster pumping stations, surface water transmission, raw water pumping stations, disinfection system conversion, wastewater treatment plants, sanitary sewer lift stations and stom water pumping stations.
Shrader Engineering is seeking licensed Electrical Engineers with municipal water/wastewater facilities design experience.
Candidates will be part of a highly specialized electrical, instrumentation and SCADA programming team focused on design, implementation and construction management for local and state agency water and wastewater facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include working closely with other engineers and designers in the development and oversight of engineering design projects for water and wastewater facilities. Candidates will be responsible for the design of power distribution systems, instrumentation and controls, standby generators and automatic transfer systems, SCADA and telemetry systems, lighting systems, and development of load and fault current calculations, power flow models, and short circuit analysis.
Candidates will be required to manage and oversee the development of technical plans and specifications, ensure NEC code compliance, routinely coordinate with client and other disciplines in support of project completion, and mentor graduate electrical engineers and design staff.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering with P.E. registration in Texas; if licensed outside the State, candidate must be licensed by exam
- Possess a solid background in electrical power distribution and control systems design and clear understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Minimum 6 years of recent experience in municipal water and wastewater facilities
- SCADA programming experience a plus
- Experience performing electrical short-circuit analysis and coordination studies using ETAP or EasyPower modeling software a plus
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Solid verbal communications skills and the desire to support the firm's marketing efforts in the water/wastewater industry
Shrader Engineering offers competitive benefits package, competitive salary, auto allowance and modern office facilities. The firm has an excellent 401k retirement plan, performance bonus plan, healthcare plan, wellness program (LifeTime Fitness Membership), continued education reimbursement and other generous benefits. The firm also takes great pride in an outstanding working environment with opportunity for growth.