Electrical Engineer - 2 positions, NY, ME
FPC Bangor has two paper mill clients in need of an Electrical Engineer.
• Oversight and PM of mill-wide power distribution systems
• Troubleshooting of AC and DC motors, drives, and electrical components
• Programming and troubleshooting of PLC and DCS related equipment
• Design and engineer electrical installations and equipment modifications
• Develop and manage capital projects to optimize the manufacturing process
• Provide technical support and leadership in electrical distribution and control systems
• Coach and mentor team members
• B.S. Electrical Engineering Degree (preferred)
• Champion of safe work practices
• Expertise of 480, 2300, 4160 and 12kV power distribution and protective relaying
• Practical knowledge in troubleshooting AC and DC motors, drives and starters
• Understanding of PLC function, programming and troubleshooting
• Capital Project: justification, engineering and management
• Must be self-motivated, able to function autonomously, well organized, detail oriented and capable problem solver
• Must have strong verbal and writing skills
• Strong team player skills with a sense of urgency
• Develop, implement, and manage preventive and predictive reliability systems, in the Electrical and Instrumentation areas, to improve equipment reliability
• Identify chronic and or repeat equipment failures and then generate and implement solutions to these problems.
• Skillfully work within teams to solve complicated technical issues using standard tools such as KT, RCFA, MOC, RCM, etc.
• Develop capital request and manage these projects from concept to completion.
• Provide technical assistance to craft persons, supervisors, and managers in their area of expertise.
• Training and mentoring union trades members as well as supervisors and planners on a wide variety of E&I systems.
• Problem solve and assist others to do the same on complicated electrical and instrument systems such as coordinated drives, DCS, PLC’s, Power Distribution and control, and networking applications.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology
• Coordinated drive systems design and trouble shooting
• PLC’s (PLC 5, control logic, and other Allen Bradley control systems)
• Power distribution design and problem solving skills
• E&I Preventive and Predictive Maintenance best practices
• Microsoft Office tools
• Reliability Centered Maintenance process
• KT analysis
Please send your current resume, location preference and salary requirements to Gilly Hitchcock for immediate consideration.
FPCNational - 30+ days ago