Medical Product Manufacturing
Since 1963, Cook Group companies have been among the leaders in developing healthcare devices that have improved lives around the world. COOK remains at the forefront of medical research and worldwide sales of products for endovascular therapy, critical care medicine, general surgery, diagnostic and interventional procedures, bioengineered tissue replacement and regeneration, gastroenterology and endoscopy procedures, urology, and obstetrics and gynecology. COOK is a global company with a global focus - and a global future.
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within the assigned area of responsibility via the use of learned techniques and technological expertise in the design of products, tooling and manufacturing process for the products of Cook Vascular Inc.
Essential Job Functions/Duties (may include other duties as assigned)
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements
- Assumes a technical leadership role in the definition and conductance of projects and programs
- Provides product development services (i.e. R&D, design, production engineering) as directed by manager
- Performs prototyping, lab testing and validations related to products and establishes required testing protocols
- Recommends and provides to manager and peers technical information and skills to complete projects
- Applies technical skills and services to enhance, maintain and develop new and existing products and projects
- During product development, provides and produces all necessary documentation and records to meet all current external and internal standards and processes required by the CVI quality system
- Responsible to remain up to date with all external and internal standards that affect product development relating to our product
- Works and communicates with all CVI departments to train, assist and provide instructions in the product development process required to produce a quality product
- Assembles development plans to maximize project efficiency and minimize resources spent
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in any engineering/technical discipline (preferably Electrical)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience preferred
- Electronics background preferred
- Required to sign an Executive and Sales Employee Agreement for Protection of Employee Business
- Must have skills in graphical, product management and other general office management software
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability, on occasion to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Limited exposure to hazardous chemicals and material
- Majority of day spent in clean, climate controlled lab requiring the use of safety glasses
- Requires close visual acuity when working with computers, etc.
- Must pass a post-offer physical exam and drug test
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Medical, dental, and vision
Paid time off
Flexible spending account
Cook is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...