Electrical Engineer- Lean Production
Reports to: Manager, Lean Production Department/Location: Crete
Revision Level: 1 Division: HED
This is an electrical engineering position supporting the Lean Production efforts of existing products. Utilize engineering lean “best practices” to provide all aspects of product design from concept, design verification, production, and testing to field start-up. Responsible for meeting customer’s functional and performance requirements for mobile welding and testing equipment serving global markets.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide sound designs, which meet the requirements of the customer and/or specifications.
- Generate cost effective designs based on defined project “deliverables”.
- Maintain complete engineering documentation of projects.
- Provide project electrical engineering labor estimates.
- Perform design calculations, as required by spec, or to verify design integrity.
- Utilize Failure Mode Effects Analysis to optimize designs.
- Work with Project Managers to complete all project objectives.
- Provide technical assistance to shop and customers, as required.
- Able to create electrical schematics, panel layouts, single line piping layouts, and create tabulated bills of material for release through the IFS production system.
- Interpret hydraulic and mechanical drawings for incorporation with control electrics.
- Provide Technical field support through communications and occasional site visits.
- Work closely with customers, suppliers, and other Holland employees during all phases of a project.
- Periodic travel may be required, domestic and international, for customer visits, start-ups and troubleshooting.
- Support the quality system by investigating and addressing Non-Conformance Reports as directed.
- Work with vendors to improve product quality, delivery and to continuously reduce cost.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs with our without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time including air travel.
- Willingness to wear PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed boots) as required.
- Office/cubicle environment.
- Shop environment including welding, overhead cranes and fork trucks.
- Field on-track environment.
· BSEE or Equivalent.
- PE License in electrical engineering is highly desirable.
- 4-5 years experience in electrical system design.
- Be aware of Lean production concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to customer service.
- Able to work to demanding deadlines.
- Work effectively as team member or leader.
- Ability to facilitate and make decisions.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2005 or higher.
- Knowledge of FMEA, Lean practices, Six Sigma and Value Engineering.
- Detail oriented.
- Electrical system design / troubleshooting experience.
- Design experience with heavy machinery.
- Must maintain a valid passport.
Wage Type: Salaried Exempt