Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of our products.
The Electrical Engineer - Low Voltage Specialist will be responsible for verifying functionality of control systems and conformance to customer specifications, preparing and interpreting engineering specifications for Low Voltage Equipment (up to 1000 V) including Motor Control Centers (MCC), Variable Frequency Drives(VFD), Uninterruptible Motor Drives (UMD) and Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Systems for turbo machinery applications.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
- Support application, sizing and selection of Motor Control Centers, Motor Starters, Variable Frequency Drives, Automatic Transfer Switches, Distribution Panel, Power and Lighting Loads and Allen-Bradley remote I/O.
- Support application, sizing and selection of Uninterruptible Motor Drive and Uninterruptible Power Supply systems to meet customer and turbo machinery requirements.
- Support application, sizing and selection of Variable Frequency Drive systems up to 100 HP to meet customer and turbo machinery requirements.
- Support application, sizing and selection of Automatic Transfer Switches to maintain critical loads to meet customer and turbo machinery requirements.
- Prepare technical procurement specifications, one-line low voltage diagrams three line schematics and schematics to support the design.
- Participate in factory tests including Customer Witness Test / Factory Acceptance Test (CWT & FAT)
- Review and approve project drawings and documentation, interface directly with customers during vendor co-ordination meetings Vendor Coordination Meeting (VCM).
- Liaise with other engineers, project lead engineers, and project managers and suppliers to assure functional integration of products and associated designs to provide technical coordination and oversight of system requirements between Rolls-Royce equipment suppliers and customers/integrators.
- Verify functionality of power, control, communication, and instrumentation systems and conformance to customer specifications; preparing and interpreting engineering specifications; and producing electrical diagrams, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's) and wiring assemblies as required.
- Familiar with Power Generation and Oil and Gas industrial engineering practices, and safety and compliance codes such as NEC, IEC, IBC, EN, NFPA, IEEE, API, OSHA, and ANSI.
- Responsible for several system designs on multiple projects, which demands the individual be self-directed and capable of working as part of a team to ensure deliverables are to Rolls-Royce best practices and on time
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 6
+ years experience in an Engineering role or a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and 4+ years experience in an Engineering role.
- Experience in equipment packaging, power/process plant sizing or other industrial applications.
- Previous experience in the petrochemical industry and knowledge of American Petroleum Institute (API) codes and NEC/IEC standards is desirable
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well within a team environment but can also be self-directed when required
- Proficient IT skills including experience of Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
- Willingness to travel
- Licensed Professional Engineer
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...