UTC Climate, Controls & Security is the leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security solutions. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
UT Electronic Controls, Inc., (UTEC) is seeking a talented, innovative, and energized Electrical Engineer that has experience in both Hardware and Software engineering for designing and implementing robust new controls to meet customer requirements. This position will partner with customers, manufacturing, and test engineers to build new controls in its world-class manufacturing facility located in Huntington, IN. If you enjoy working in a fast ('3paced, dynamic organization, with significant growth opportunities, UTEC could be your next employer.
Named by Industry Week as one of the top ten plants in North America, UTEC is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security (CCS). CCS is the leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation and fire and security solutions. CCS is a unit of United Technologies Corporation (UTC), which is the 48th largest U.S. corporation (Fortune 2012 list) with sales of $58.2 billion in 2011.
UTEC produces electronic circuit boards for the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) market. The circuit boards are used in furnaces, thermostats, chillers and a variety of air-conditioning systems for the residential, commercial, retail and transportation segments. UTEC products are used in industry leading brands including Carrier.
UTEC is the first electronics manufacturing facility to earn LEED Gold certification under the LEED for Existing Buildings ('9 rating system. To achieve LEED Gold certification, UTEC reduced energy consumption by 29 percent, decreased potable water consumption, and lowered conventional single-occupant vehicle trips 10 percent by promoting employee carpooling.
We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k) and a leading-edge Employee Scholar Program.
Electrical Engineer responsibilities include:
If you are a problem solver, who enjoys working independently and values success by driving process efficiencies and manufacturing excellence, UTEC wants you to join our team. Your career starts by applying below. Turn to the experts!
- Design and implementation of cost effective, robust new products ('3 this includes hardware and software aspects of the design
- Consort with customer and/or sales teams in identifying product requirements and specifications; May require travel to customer sites
- Partner with customers, manufacturing, and test engineering to ensure product can be manufactured at the highest quality
- Perform routine sustaining of designs such as sourcing and qualifying alternate vendors and writing change requests
- Interface with vendors and agencies (UL, CSA, etc.)
- Lead the implementation of new technology into key development initiatives including real time operating system software selection and development.
BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science w/2 to 7+ years experience
MA/MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science w/0 to 5+ years experience
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software including:
Additional qualifications and experience include:
The preferred candidate must be able to adapt quickly to changing business demands, has the capability to multitask and thrives in a team based environment.
- Ability to apply concepts, theories, and practices of Electrical Engineering to embedded real-time control systems
- Write software in either assembly or C programming languages
- RTOS (Real Time Operating Software / Systems) experience
- Provide cost estimates of product during all phases of development including any cost improvement opportunities
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues both in-house and in the field
- Develop reports to communicate findings internally and with customers
- Customer oriented
- Perform evaluation testing on product hardware and software
- Troubleshoot and solve hardware problems during testing; Create custom test hardware and software to properly exercise designs thoroughly
- Meet with suppliers to select components and receive technology updates on design and component trends
- Experience developing products for residential and/or commercial HVAC is preferred
This position is located in Huntington, IN
Carrier Corporation - 8 months ago
Carrier shouldered the load of keeping things hot and cold. The company was the world's largest maker of heating,...