Agfa Corporation's plate manufacturing facility located in Branchburg, New Jersey produces analog as well as thermal, visible light and chemistry-free digital plates that offer advanced solutions for different printing applications. Approximately 180 employees in manufacturing, engineering support and other administrative and production support functions work in this facility.
Our Branchburg, NJ location is looking for a Electrical Engineering Intern to join our team.
This is a paid internship. This internship is expected to start early to mid April and has the possibility to last throughout the year.
This position has been designed for students who are 6 months to one year away from graduating or a recent Electrical Engineering graduate.
Responsible for utilizing the computer- aided drafting (CAD) software to modify designs, verifying drawings, updating records, preparing technical documentation.
Will have the opportunity to shadow and assist Electrical Engineers in various high level projects.
Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
In addition, will also have the opportunity to pilot projects and work side-by-side with respected engineers.
Major Opportunities & Challenges:
The engineering intern will be expected to gradually work with minimal direction while exemplifying leadership through proven drive and personal initiatives.
Knowledge & Skills:
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a team environment. Must be able to comfortably interact with engineers and operators on a regular basis. Also, the candidate must have strong analytical and leadership qualities in order to pilot their own projects as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in their senior year with an Electrical Engineering major or a recent Electrical Engineer graduate.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, preferred.
- Previous internship experience (required)
- Computer- Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication / comprehension skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable understanding of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & job safety analyses, pass tests for training comprehension and ability to effectively participate in Continuous Improvement Projects (CIPs)
*Agfa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Agfa-Gevaert Group - 9 months ago