Position is located in the Deerfield, IL area and pays $$65-75K+
1. Development / Product Maintenance
a. Coordination of tasks (development and manufacturing)
- Provides support and direction for all production techniques and equipment to improve quality and/or efficiency.
- Prepares and maintains assembly instructions for all products.
- Determines needs and assists in obtaining special equipment, tools and jigs.
- Supervises all “first-time” assembly and first time buy inspection.
- Remains informed about new procedures, equipment, and processes that could be used to improve quality and efficiency.
- Plans and implements productions processes and methods for US-luminaires.
- Prepares and maintains all engineering files including Bills of Material, Technical Drawings, Technical Bulletins, ETL and CSA.
- Insures that all products and parts have proper documentation/drawings/written specifications, assigned part numbers, and have been entered into the computerized system
b. Coordination of all product features and requirements
- Coordinates ETL and CSA certifications. Investigates and conducts all other special certifications, such as JIC, OSHA, ESD, and NEC, as required. Acts as the primary company contact for UL or CSA visits to our facility.
- Insures the current situation of standardization regarding US norms at the organization and is the responsible contact person in all questions of standardization for international company.
- Conducts modification to international models selected by the President and Product Manager / Technical Sales Manager for introduction into the US market. Gives approval to new products and parts prior to purchase and production
- Creates or obtains engineering specifications and drawings on products or components to be purchased in the U.S.
- Assists purchasing department on all technical questions. Gives engineering approval before U.S. components are purchased.
2. Quality subjects
- Coordinates special customer requirements with company’s international engineering office.
- Works out requirement specifications in respect to construction, light technology, electronic, and production between companies.
a. Assumes role as the Quality Manager and manages and coordinates the ISO processes and requirements.
b. Manages the ISO internal and external audits.
c. Is responsible for creating, following up and closing SCAR/CAR’s.
d. Coordinates all subjects of quality between companies internationally.
e. Takes personal responsibility to insure that all production is inspected and meets quality standards. Maintains and updates quality standards manual.
f. Selection and calibration of electrical and optical test and measurement equipment in coordination with company’s needs.
3. IT/Computerization: Contributes advice and assistance on hardware, software, and systems as they are expanded, added, or deleted within the company to help maintain efficiency, effectiveness, economy, and corporate standards. Knows about AS 400, ACAD, and MSOffice.
4. Personal Skills and Job Requirements
a. Positive attitude and high energy level.
b. Strong communication and interpersonal skill
c. Detail-oriented, highly organized, excessively neat, and unwilling to overlook mistakes or sub-standard quality.
d. Strong personal desire to be involved in, create, and build a young operation.
e. 3-5 years of experience as an engineer for lighting products or related electrical equipment, such as ballasts, transformers, lamps and LED technology.
f. Experience in manufacturing engineering.
g. College degree (B.S.) in electrical or mechanical engineering.
h. Familiar with UL/ETL and CSA procedures.
i. Comfortable with various computer applications, ERP system, including CAD programs for technical drawings.
- Solidworks Required (CAD- 3D Design Software)
- Ability to handle Quality complaints
- Independent and Quick reaction time with little to no guidance.
- Must be Self motivated, Creative and handle multiple projects at once.
ZipRecruiter - 7 months ago