Please submit the original Employment Application via mail or in-person to our office at 375 Satula Avenue, Athens, GA 30601. You may download the application form using the link in the Job Details section on the right-hand side of this notice.
The purpose of this job is to perform supervisory/electrical work functions associated with the operation and maintenance of water pollution control electrical systems. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, designing, installing, repairing and maintaining electrical systems, equipment and components; performing electrical tasks; inspecting equipment for code compliance; performing preventive maintenance; maintaining records; and performing additional tasks as assigned.
Qualified applicants must possess:
1. Vocational or Technical Diploma;
2. Two years of experience as an electrician with high and low voltage electrical systems;
3. Or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position;
4. One year of supervisory experience;
5. Georgia Electrical Class II Unrestricted License;
6. Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification within one year from date of hire; and
5. A valid Georgia Commercial Driver's License.
This merit system position requires that the employee satisfactorily complete a probationary period. This position is a safety sensitive position; therefore, it will be included in the random drug and alcohol testing as referred to in the Athens-Clarke County Drug and Alcohol Ordinance.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 40 hour week with possible call backs. May have to work on religious holidays.