Description/Job Summary Electrical Technician
- Performs work associated with the above to include but not limited to fabrication and installation of mounting systems, enclosures, tubing, fittings, piping valves, soldering, brazing, etc.
- Continuously learns new skills and tasks and improves upon current skills.
- Performs all ancillary work throughout the site, including, but not limited to rigging, scaffold erection, forklift operation and cleaning.
- In addition to the partial listing above, performs any other job or task for which he or she possesses the necessary skills and abilities.
- Work and training assignments are made at the discretion of management based upon needs of the company and the individual’s ability, knowledge, skills and training needs.
- Performs layout, fabrication, installation, repairs, programming and troubleshooting of instrumentation and control systems throughout the site. This includes but is not limited to analog and digital electrical and pneumatic instruments, transducers, transmitters, flow meters, chart recorders, analyzers, control valves, PID controllers, Programmable Logic Controllers, etc.
- Performs layout, fabrication, installation, repairs, programming and troubleshooting of electrical control systems and power generation/distribution systems throughout the site. This includes but is not limited to generators, transformers, switches, circuit breakers, motors, motor controls, hvac units, conduit systems, automatic equipment and packaging equipment.
- Ability to work from blueprints, electronic schematic diagrams, block diagrams, layouts or other specifications both verbal and written.
- Complete understanding of PLC and computer based control systems used throughout the refinery with the ability to diagnose all possible problems that can arise with these systems.
- Must be available to work any shift, overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
- High School diploma or GED required.