ASRC Primus, a Subsidiary of ASRC Federal Holding Company, delivers world-class IT solutions to federal government agencies and is a trusted software solutions provider and agent integrator, servicing customers with the best possible solutions and delivering them on schedule and on budget. Primus has a legacy of successful IT infrastructure design, implementation and operation on contracts of all sizes.
Primus is seeking an Electrician with experience in integrating high-end electronic security systems at sensitive government facilities. This position requires OCONUS travel but when stateside will join our team in Alexandria, Virginia.
This position leads the most complex electrical and equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, overhauls and repairs. Providing product and service training to the customers is also a responsibility. This position guides the most complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc... and completes documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work as well as failures as it relates to electrical services in government facilities. This position leads service and/or system calls and interfaces with customer personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution. This position will also guide assessment of complex installation and service of product/equipment performance based on field support data and design modifications or improvements. The position may lead the negotiation and administration of service or system contracts.
- Integrate high-end electronic security systems at sensitive government facilities
- Identify technical malfunctions in electrical units
- Install various components such as infrastructure (conduit, junction boxes, uni-strut), panels, equipment racks and cabling
- Decommission legacy systems
- Test and troubleshoot system components such a cabling, terminations and I/O boards
- Provide expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff as well as train lower level employees
- Represents the organization as a prime internal contact and possibly as a key external contact
Education, Skills and Abilities
- Current active Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret clearance is preferred but will consider individuals that have never held a clearance
- Two (2) to four (4) years relevant work experience to include working with electronic security systems (i.e. access control, CCTV, intrusion detection)
- Ability to read blue prints and/or design
- Excellent communication skills
- C*Cure Certification
- Electronic/Systems Background
- Ability to travel to overseas regions which will include but not limited to Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq
- Experience in identifying technical malfunctions in electrical units
- Experience in handling and using electrical repair tools and equipment
- Bachelor's degree or an Associate's degree or diploma in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or any other related field of study or specialized training in lieu of a degree; a valid electrician's license required;
ASRC Federal Holding Company and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Vendor certifications from any of the following: Software House, Panasonic, Pelco, Bosch, Selectone, Vindicator, Lenel, Stentofon, Hirsch or Advantor
Engineering & Support Services
Alexandria, VA, United States
Day Job / 1st Shift
ASRC Federal Holding Company - 18 months ago