"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides skilled journey level work and supervision in the installation, replacement, alteration, adjustment, repair and planned maintenance necessary to maintain reliable and functionally efficient operations of electrical lighting, generation, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), variable frequency drive (VFD), motor control center (MCC), power factor correction, power distribution, fire alarm, building automation and instrumentation and control systems, fixtures and equipment.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Come join an exciting opportunity with our Facilities Department!
(2) openings -School of Dentistry & University Center Tower
- Responsible for carrying out skilled tasks in accordance with best practices of the trade.
- Installs, maintains and alters electrical systems up to 4160 volts for all UTH facilities following standard safety procedures.
- Runs conduit, pulls wire and installs circuits for electrically driven units. Maintains a large volume and wide variety of electrical motors, generators, fans, sterilizers, lamps and various medical and laboratory equipment.
- Requisitions material, tools and equipment and maintains inventories.
- Travels to and from point of arrival and departure to work sites.
- Maintains a clean work environment, cleans up and properly stows tools and documents at the end of each workday. Requisitions materials and maintains inventories.
- Performs a variety of electrical work incidental to the maintenance of air conditioning, refrigeration and other processes.
- Works with and coordinates the tasks of other electricians and lesser skilled workers. Supervises compliance with standards of workmanship and safety.
- Inspects work upon completion and sees that requirements have been satisfied.
- Interprets and works from blueprints, sketches and wiring diagrams.
- Reviews plans and specifications and develops estimates of costs of repair and alterations.
- Prepares and submits reports.
- Inspects work upon completion and sees that requirements have been satisfied and the work area left in proper condition.
- Required to carrying university communication device as assigned and respond to calls during normal business hours.
- This job classification is designated as "essential" at the UT Health Science Center at Houston. In case of an emergency, "essential" positions are those required to sustain clinical services and/or are responsible for the protection of university assets. Personnel in designated "essential" positions are expected to report to their designated work site during their appointed work schedules, even when the institution has been officially declared to be on "restricted access" or "closed" due to adverse conditions.
- All other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/Equivalent with a minimum of five years related experience at a journeyman level. Electrical Journeyman license issued by the Texas Electrical Board and by the City of Houston is required. Completion of a recognized electrician apprenticeship is preferred.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...