We currently have the following opening at our equipment group, which designs and manufactures high speed dispensing systems:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading and directing an electro/mechanical equipment assembly production group for daily activities as well as hands-on work as needed. .
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assembles machines and subassemblies and must have the ability to fabricate or modify machine parts and fixtures. Also assembles wiring of machines and subpanels and drives proper fabrication techniques setting the current standard for all production employees
• Proposes and recommends preventative maintenance procedures on assigned equipment. Compiles recommendations from Production Team and others and presents to Quality Coordinator or appropriate Engineering Lead and executes approved changes.
• Makes and compiles recommendations for improving the fabrication or modification of machinery, fixtures, tools, and presents to Quality Coordinator or appropriate Engineering Lead and executes approved changes.
• Assist in necessary records including drawing redlines, equipment logs, and manufacturing order updates and collects redlines or updates. Reviews redlines for accuracy and approves redlines. Provides updated documentation to respective Engineering Leads for implementation. Maintains all documentation and records and ensures updates are being done properly and in a timely manner.
• Works with Inventory Coordinator and Technical Buyer Planner to ensure material is on hand to meet production delivery dates. Ensures all questionable material is immediately quarantined and processed through the Quality System.
• Operates facility related equipment like the drill press and table saw and ensures proper preventative maintenance is up to date on all equipment. Responsible for ordering consumable material needed to operate equipment (saw blades, etc.). Also responsible for training on all facility equipment.
• Leads shipping and receiving activities. Directs and trains personnel on proper way to prepare equipment for shipment and ensures work is done properly.
• Ensures entire shop area is neat, clean and organized including tools, materials and equipment. Directs shop personnel if needed for additional cleaning in their area, and schedules regular shop cleaning in shared areas
• Ensures personnel are properly trained and provides feedback and additional training if needed.
• Overseas inventory counts with Inventory Coordinator. Ensures all inventory is cycle counted at least twice a year with a full inventory count to occur once a year at year end.
• Participate in the design of new machinery
• Leads defect free workmanship. Responsible for equipment inspections and training for employees not meeting the standard.
• Supports testing and FAT activities including bottle staging, quick response to requests, or anything else regarding the setup or support of testing/FAT's. Responsible for assisting Electronic Controls Engineers to maintain FAT rooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Leads modification of machine parts and fixtures to High workmanship standard. Inspects and approves any modified components.
• Provides direction, training for other technicians in alignment with Group Leader and Quality System to ensure high workmanship standards. Trains all new employees on standards, construction practices and build methodology.
• Responsible for all Quality System procedures in production area and ensuring proper training is in place, procedures are being followed and improvement feedback acted on as appropriate. Interacts with Quality Coordinator for any and all quality issues or improvements.
• Prepares and presents performance reviews to Technicians.
• Upon approval, procures all non-inventory production related items.
• Assure that all XA transactions are completed for equipment building activities within an agreed to timeline.
• Provides a regular review of all production hours to standard and gives feedback on quality, training and standard hours basis.
To qualify, you must have an Associate’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/Technology along with 7-10 years experience in electrical and mechanical assembly of custom equipment. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following: superior electronic and mechanical aptitude (fabrication, assembly, troubleshooting); knowledge and experience using basic hand tools, gauges, meters; machine repair and set-up capability; pneumatics; hydraulics; capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics and perform layout and wiring of machinery; strong leadership skills; PC familiarity including Word, Excel, project management and AutoCAD software; strong verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to details; knowledge of PLC's including operator interfaces, mechanics, mathematics and electronics. Knowledge of an ERP or MRP system required; experience with InforXA a plus.
Multisorb Technologies - 11 months ago
Multisorb Technologies is the worldwide leader in active packaging technology. For over 50 years Multisorb has offered solutions for...