Electro Mechanical Technician
supervision, performs a wide variety of skilled maintenance, trouble-shooting and repair duties. These duties include working in conjunction with outside vendors, electricians and other technicians involved in maintenance and repair of electronic systems, machinery, motors devices, control systems and conveyor systems along with related duties as assigned.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
These duties are illustrations of the various types of required work. The inclusion or omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude that from the positions responsibilities.
- Maintains and repairs components of the mechanized system installed in the New Main grocery facility, in conjunction with vendors and contractors. Includes PLC fault analysis and repair.
- Read and interprets blue prints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Test, troubleshoot, calibrate, repair and perform preventive maintenance on a variety of complex industrial mechanical and electronic components and devices, such as programmable logic controllers. Test solid-state circuitry to locate defective parts in analog and digital equipment.
- Repair and/or replace defective parts dealing with motors, batteries, controllers and other industrial systems.
- Use a variety of hand tools as well as, brazing, soldering and welding.
- Performs maintenance on conveyor systems, hydraulic components and pneumatic components.
- Use a computer based maintenance system.
- Use of written and verbal communication skills; ability to analyze and solve problems; use of shop mathematics; work with and meeting deadlines; along with interaction with shop personal and management, are essential to this job.
- Utilize safe work methods; adhere to safety regulation; various codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Other maintenance related duties as assigned.
To Apply: Visit wss.unicru.com/svdc
- Experience working with, testing, diagnosing, maintaining and repairing a variety of electronic instrumentation devices, motors, machinery and other equipment, using a variety of tools and precision diagnostic instruments.
- Experience with tools and equipment used in the trouble-shooting, testing, calibration, maintenance and repair of electronic equipment and devices.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and understand PLC and process control technology.
- Excellent problem solving, judgment, decision making and communication skills.
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent knowledge level working with microprocessor controls; electrical and electronic shop procedures and practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft® windows.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Have or obtain Powered Industrial Truck certification within 30 days of filling this position
Select Hopkins, Minnesota
Select Minneapolis Distribution Center
*When applying select Facility Maintenance Mechanic
SUPERVALU - Pharmacy - 7 months ago