* Looking for an opportunity to enter a career in healthcare?
* Interested in Pharmacy with a new twist?
* Seeking advancement opportunities?
* Looking for a professional, team oriented workplace?
* Work for a diversified, growing and stable National Company!
Use your technical skills in a growing, recession-proof industry!
Omnicare is searching for an Electro-Mechanical Technician
Take ownership of equipment, diagnose and troubleshoot problems working in a collaborative environment while taking responsibility of preventive maintenance work for ensuring reliability of equipment operation.
We are looking for someone who has worked in an industrial environment troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems. This person will have experience working with programmable logic controllers (PLC), human machine interfaces, robotics, ac/dc drives, control systems and devices.
The Electro-Mechanical Technician (EMT) will be responsible for troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and process improvement of automated PLC, robotics and computer controlled equipment for prescription dispensing and fulfillment systems. Additionally, the EMT will also work with facility utilities and production support systems ( compressed air, stand-by emergency generators, and uninterruptible power supplies ). The EMT will be comfortable working safely with systems operating up to 3Ph, 480Vac.
Prescription dispensing and fulfillment equipment will range from semi-automatic processes to highly automated blister packaging processes. Experience working on equipment and systems in a regulated environment such as State Board of Pharmacy, FDA and DEA agencies will be considered a plus. The EMT will be responsible for maintaining accurate documentation in accordance with cGMP and site policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform electrical, mechanical or communications/networking troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning facility, production support, automated blister packaging equipment and automated prescription dispensing equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Proactively conducts preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventive maintenance duties in accordance with recommended schedules. Performs repairs and predictive/preventive/corrective maintenance on a wide variety of building, facility and production equipment, fixtures, and systems – independently, with a high degree of quality and reliability so that the equipment is capable of operating within the required specifications
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, or assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings.
- Performs setup, calibration, and preventative maintenance on production equipment.
- Assists in the execution of process validation, tooling or package development testing.
- Manages electronic format data, process parameters, executes configuration management activities, backups, restorations, maintains complex programmable devices, hardware or systems.
- Manages configuration and versions of programmable devices, hardware and systems such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), vision camera systems, barcode scanners, integrated print engines, servo motion controllers, intelligent sensors and devices, PC based machine control systems, production data networks and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) or Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) level systems.
- Interface with Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (OEMs) for service, repair or upgrade activities, communicate and organize with the production and maintenance groups, maintain proper change control, configuration management documents and follow cGMP policies and procedures. Record and distribute appropriate information to the other department personnel and customer(s). Train other maintenance personnel or operators on changes as necessary.
- Assist in conducting maintenance/engineering evaluations, manage equipment calibrations and standards hardware, lead in troubleshooting and repair activities in accordance with department/site objectives. Work with engineering and other cross functional groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability and minimize equipment downtime. Supporting continuous improvement activities for productivity and yield enhancement.
- Using native software development programs, actively monitor, run histograms, troubleshoot or make controlled edits to PLC programs or machine configurations in order to troubleshoot or improve existing operations.
- Interface and pass down information between cross function personnel of incoming and outgoing shifts
- Is on call per location's designated needs.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- Full job description available upon request.
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc. Click on the Omnicare link to see a complete list.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Education, Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years as an electrical, mechanical, equipment or instrumentation technician.
- Possession of an Associate of Arts degree or an Associate of Science degree with more than five years direct maintenance/technician experience or equivalent Military experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 10 years working with PLC’s, motion control, and/or automated equipment.
- Must have a demonstrated working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and controls aspects of factory automation systems and the integration of devices used.
- A working knowledge of PC based Microsoft (MSWord, MSExcel, MSPowerPoint, MSOutlook and MSProject) applications for business is preferred.
- Formal training in PLC or PC controller programming is required. Rockwell Automation, ELAU, Beckhoff, BnR, Siemens, Schneider Group/Modicon, Adept, Staubli, WonderWare, Intellution, FactoryLink, Parker/CTC, Galileo are preferred.
- Experience with interfacing to relational databases, information management and reporting applications used for MES/SCADA systems is preferred.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) in the realms of inventory spare parts management, job plan development, Preventative Maintenance (PM) scheduling, Work Order creation, execution and reporting, trending and system management is preferred.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers or PC based controllers.
- Must have experience and understanding of motion control principals.
- Must have proficient knowledge of electrical, electromechanical, and pneumatic systems and principals of operation and integration into automated solutions.
- Must have ability to analyze a wide variety of equipment, troubleshooting problems, and make appropriate repairs.
- Must have ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical P&ID drawings.
- Must have ability to develop and follow systematic troubleshooting procedures to address operational issues.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and understand English.
Omnicare, Inc - 10 months ago
Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider,...